Monday, September 24, 2007

Been A Long Time

Up until this point I had nothing to write about until I step foot in the twilight zone of the school system today. I decided to take on a magna high school, you know the best and the brightest...Well I was fooled or Serling is somewhere laughing hysterically..
First the class that I took was a remedial math class for those kids that will not get diploma. They will receive what is called certificate of completion ie a paper stating they were there. Magna school right? That is not the kicker 95% of the students either had a record (probation) or waiting on their court date. Magna huh...
That is not all of it by a loong shot!!! Their assign consist of questions such as seven hundred forty nine and they had to write as 749 so what the hell is 70049!!!
Kids were proud of being ignorant and sadly if your a fool as a senior 9 out of ten times you'll be a fool unless divine intervention happens ie a rapping in prison not much else will wake that person up.
I love the school in all of it's unsoundness because screams for salvation but back to the story.
There was this creepy detective hanging out all day at this school and at the end of the day there was 4 cop cars and my gas was stolen..... I have heard of movies like Dangerous Mind and I guess it is true that a room full of inner city kids only respond to a white suburbanite. Could be wrong but we'll find out because I am assign to this worm hole the rest of his week and Alice is sitting on that mushroom giggling.

No comments: