Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Racism


Lately there has been buzz/frustration surrounding a cartoon that the New York Post published. I guess my racist meter is broken because it does not come across as being intentially racist. Which goes back to the press handling Obama with kid gloves and few comedians are willing to take a poke at the new president in fear of "black lash"

Which leads me to the GREAT Attorney General Eric Holder... I am serious about the GREAT and in his first big speech when he declared "Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards,"
I believe the majority of people is scared of having a honest discussion about race relation.
Especially my Black family because there are troubles that can be traced to race problems and I do not mean blaming White Folk for our troubles....
If you believe me wrong oh well..

No comments: